Friday, May 4, 2007

Old Man Here

I'm old, or at least getting old.

Sure, I'm only 27, and a young looking 27 at that. But at this age I've already lost a body organ, and work with people 10 years younger than me. Music is often too loud and I don't anybody in my cell phone a special ring tone. They all get the same one. Not only that, its a standard tone. It's not "ring ring" but its one of the ones that come with the phone. I don't text too much, and when I do, I use proper punctuation and spell everything out. How old fogey-ish is that?

I'm only 27, yet somehow my life has spanned 4 different decades already, and 5 presidents. I have a crazy good memory so my "oldness" is more apparent because not only do I remember the "Transformers" I remember storylines of some of the episodes, and how much the toys cost.

I just got an iPod like, yesterday, and I have less than 1,000 songs. The kids say that means I'm out of the loop. Anything less than 2,500 and apparently you are a loser, or just old.

I was there when Michael Jackson was cool, and Weird Al was funny. I was there when Madonna was hot, and Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were money. I wasn't there when Leonardo DiCaprio was on Family Ties, but I watched the show before that, and stopped watching when they started adding characters. I remember when Boxing was a big sport and condoms were for sailors (I didn't know what that meant, but I remember the phrase.) Now Steve Martin is old with white hair, but I remember when he was middle aged with white hair. I remember when the newest Rocky movie was good and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie was "live-action."

I remeber when Conan O'briens "In the year 2000" was before the year 2000.

Only 27, but so goddamned old.